Now that we’re close to year-end, you might be thinking through fresh ways to reach customers or dreaming up novel product offerings. Our team loves to brainstorm new ideas, so we’ve created Spark Cards to share some methods we use. This new tool will help you unlock creativity and boost imagination as you think through your next work (or life!) challenge.
Here are a few tips for leveling up your next Spark session:
- Create the guest list. Feel free to invite your immediate team, but also consider inviting outsiders who are less weighed down by project details and can bring valuable new perspectives.
- Get everyone up to speed. Provide some background information that could be used as a primer for the task ahead – for example, a creative brief or a couple of project summary slides.
- Set the tone – and make it fun! We recommend opening with playful icebreakers, playing music during independent reflection time and, if possible, providing snacks.
- Buddy up with a co-lead. Keeping the conversation flowing is a tough job. Have someone else take notes and manage technology and logistics so you can focus on facilitating.
- Give time for individual ideation. Shouting out ideas works great for some, but not for everyone. Building in time for participants to think and write individually creates an inclusive environment.
- Take the long way around. Spend time ideating with minimal parameters. Setting the expectation that nothing is off limits could be exactly what it takes to make magic happen.
Download our Spark Cards and use them with your team or individually.
December 22, 2021 | Research