What a wonderful year it has been. We are thankful this year and every year for our amazing clients, partners and staff. Thank you for being part of our story!
Here are a few things we are especially grateful for this year.
- We welcomed 13 new employees to our team, and expanded our footprint across Maryland, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Texas and beyond.
- We welcomed five beautiful babies to our growing Fusion Hill family!
- We celebrated our staff’s many achievements. Our director of Research & Strategy, Cady Patton, won AdFed’s 32 under 32 award, and our VP of Research & Strategy, Amy Behrens, and creative director, Sara Rubinett, celebrated 10 years at Fusion Hill.
- We supported and partnered with amazing, diverse vendors for everything from client gifts to catering to office photography. Here are some of the fantastic businesses we worked with: Whims and Joy, Soul Bowl, jcoco, Minny + Paul, Roseline’s Candles, Kahawa 1893 and Thumb’s Cookies.
- We continued our streak of award-winning work. Our creative team partnered with Optum Behavioral Health to win two Optum Hermes awards: one for Teen Conversation-Starter Cards and one for the YOU Supported campaign. We also secured a Platinum Hermes Creative Award for a large brand launch on behalf of our clients at Spave.
- Our research team started traveling again for in-person research with visits to San Francisco, New York, DC, Dallas, Charlotte, Philadelphia, San Diego and more. We can’t wait to explore more cities in the new year.
- This year, we gave back to our local and global communities through CARE’s Ukrainian Crisis Fund, NAWBO Catalyst Fund, The BrandLab, Art Buddies, Northside Achievement Zone, National Urban League, Joyya and more.
— Your Friends at Fusion Hill
November 22, 2022 | Culture
As we say goodbye to 2021, we’re feeling extra grateful for this year. The last 18 months, we’ve settled into our work-from-home routines, grown our organization and celebrated our employees. Below are a few things we are especially grateful for.
- We’ve grown! We’ve hired eight employees across our disciplines and have expanded our footprint across the U.S. You can find some of our staff in Massachusetts, Georgia, Texas, North Carolina, Michigan, Illinois and beyond!
- We love giving back and have done so the past two years by providing our services pro bono to Joyya and Spave to help them successfully launch their rebrands.
- We’ve celebrated our staff’s many achievements. One of our fabulous designers, Katherine Bosworth, won AdFed’s 32 Under 32 award, and our incredible creative leaders, Jessica Helvey and Emily Sauer, both celebrated 15 years at Fusion Hill.
- You might have seen us around Minneapolis! We sponsored NAWBO’s Hall of Fame event and Twin Cities Startup Week. Both events are helping our Minneapolis entrepreneurial community grow.
- In lieu of our traditional Valentine’s Day gift, we donated to three organizations: Northside Achievement Zone, National Urban League and Joyya.
We hope you have a restful year-end with family and friends. See you soon, 2022!
November 22, 2021 | Culture
Each year, Ad 2 Minnesota compiles a prestigious list of the top 32 Under 32 marketing and advertising minds. We are so excited to share that our very own Katherine Bosworth, senior designer, is a recipient of this award!
Katherine has been a shining star on our creative team for the past six years. We recognized Katherine’s leadership ability and thoughtful design within moments of her tremendous internship interview. As expected, she swiftly surpassed the expectations of the internship and rose through challenges to be the innovative, intelligent and humorous senior designer she is today. She eloquently speaks to design solutions and fully engages our client audience – a gift of strategic design and articulation that has impacted countless Fortune 100 brands. In the past year, she has expanded our UX capabilities for clients wanting to create a more meaningful, direct digital presence during the pandemic. From UX design to multichannel campaigns, the experience within design is always at the forefront of her mind.
Not only is she an influential member of the creative team, but Katherine has also spent time volunteering with Art Buddies, helping elementary-age kids foster their love for creativity. She’s also currently enrolled as a mentor for a pilot pen pals program at a Minneapolis elementary school.
We couldn’t be more proud of Katherine’s accomplishments and how they have impacted Fusion Hill and the Minneapolis community.
June 15, 2021 | Culture
At the start of each new year, our creative team conducts a deep dive to uncover the trends that will shape and influence the world of design for the coming year. We believe that design trends, just like research trends, serve as a powerful reflection of shifting consumer desires and preferences.
As the team (virtually) sat down to discuss the trends worth highlighting for 2021, we were struck by how much can change in a year. 2020 pushed us all to find inspiration in new places – influencing the design world for the better. We are starting off 2021 feeling inspired by all that we’ve discovered.
Download the report here of what we are predicting will rise to the top in 2021.
March 3, 2021 | Creative, Culture
Every year on Martin Luther King Jr. Day our team volunteers with a local organization to give back to our community. This year, in lieu of in-person service, our staff served from home, writing letters with messages of kindness and love (some even including custom paintings!) to seniors in Minneapolis. The pandemic has left us all craving connection, a sentiment we know is especially true for many senior citizens following strict COVID-19 isolation guidelines. Collectively, our staff wrote 132 letters to seniors at Minnesota Veterans Homes and two senior communities. We are grateful for the opportunity to continue serving our community in creative new ways and hope to continue the tradition in the future.
January 25, 2021 | Culture