In the United States, women account for over half of the population. In the creative industry, it’s about half of that.
So how do we get to parity?
We have to talk about the challenges, issues and opportunities for women in the field. That’s one of the goals of the Women’s Leadership Panel, which we attended recently. Hosted by AdFed MN and Ad2, the event brings professionals from all over the Twin Cities to network and hear stories from female leaders about their experiences in business and in the creative industry.
Panelists were from leadership positions in several agencies, and they spoke about their challenges, triumphs and defeats – and how they got past them.
We thought we’d share some quotes from the evening that we found particularly memorable:
- “The rise of me is not the demise of we.” – Alex Steinman, communications director at Fallon
- “You don’t have to tell people how good you are. They’re going to see how good you are.” – Amy Van Ert, vice president & group creative director at The Lacek Group
- “Always assume good intent. We can all benefit from that.” – Liz Ross, president & CEO at Periscope
- “For crying out loud, stop apologizing.” – Amy Van Ert, vice president & group creative director at The Lacek Group
- “Do it. Just jump. Don’t be afraid to just jump.” – Dara Beevas, co-founder & chief strategic officer at Wise Ink Creative Publishing
- “Be comfortable being uncomfortable.” – Maija Hoehn, vice president of director engagement at broadhead
- “How you come out of failure is more a reflection of you than the failure itself.” – Alex Steinman, communications director at Fallon
To learn more about the event, visit AdFed and Ad2.
November 4, 2016 | Culture